I travelled to South Africa as part of my placement year with university, I did not travel much but did visit a few little places. Leshiba Wilderness is a small nature reserve in Limpopo and guaranteed you have never heard of it!?
Well it was one of my favourite places to visit whilst I was there and here is why: 1) Beautiful scenery, it is based in the Soutpansberg Mountains which has many mountains, canyons, waterfalls (when enough rain) and view points.
2) There are about 7-9 different walk around trails which you can get involved in!!
3) All seating areas, sculptures and design were created and made by South African woman.
4) If you didn’t want to walk the trails, you have the option of morning/evening game drives, horse back safaris, swimming and spa sessions.
5) The wildlife is abundant!!! From Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Impala, Warthogs, Many reptiles and species which can not be named for conservation purposes.
6) The place I stayed in fit 8 people. It had 4 bedrooms, each bedroom had its own inside and outside shower/bath. Lighting/Ovens/Fridges were all gas generated so no electricity is used! Just outside is a small children’s park and braai area. If in South Africa you have to have a braai!!!!
7) If you didn’t stop into the nearest town to grab some food, you can pay extra and they provide it for you!
8) The evening game drive was lovely! We were picked up outside our accommodation driven around until sunset where we stopped and watched the animals go to sleep, had some drinks and snacks. We were then driven home and they made the fire for us.
9) They have a little gift shop on site and all products are made from South Africans.
10) The swimming pools are on cliff edge looking over the waterhole so you can never miss out on nature!